Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review: Sou Sou good!

My first post! In keeping with the blog theme of instant gratification, I went shopping at Sou Sou yesterday and have been just dying to take pictures and share my spoils with everyone. I have now created an outlet...and possibly a monster!



Sou Sou (pronounced "so so") is a modern Japanese design from Kyoto inspired by traditional textile techniques. Designer Katsuji Wakisaka draws inspiration from the beautiful landscape of his home city of Kyoto to create bright, natural-looking designs for such Sou Sou products as "tabi" shoes and socks, towels, bags and clothing.


Sou Sou San Francisco has been open for business in New People, Japan Town since 2009. They now have SF Store only items and have recently expanded their inventory to include winter garments! To date, my purchases have been limited to my favorite "tabi" socks of various lengths (shown above). I wear them everywhere: around the house, in my favorite shoes and thong sandals. I even wear them while exercising. They are thick, yet breathable and are totally stylin'. They are also reasonably priced at $10 a pair or 2 for $18. I look forward to expanding my collection to shoes and clothing soon (especially their amazing scarves)!

"Om nom nom nom!" Now my feet can eat things.

For more information and to begin your own Sou Sou journey, follow the links!

http://www.sousouus.com/  <--- They ship in the US!!!

Stop by for coffee, shopping and general J-Pop awesomeness at New People in Japan Town!
1746 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94115

2 comments: